Repeat after us: In 2007, I resolve to show my love for my four-legged companion.
- Get a microchip ID for my pets to go along with their ID tags
- Get exercise by walking my dog every day
- Play with my cat every day
- Remember to keep my pet fit and trim and refrain from using food as love
- Pack a disaster preparedness “go pack” for my pet, just in case
- Teach humane treatment of animals to my children (you can even encourage their school to invite the Oregon Humane Society or The Humane Society for Seattle/King County to make a classroom presentation)
- Schedule my pet’s annual veterinarian appointment
- Volunteer my time and talents at a local animal shelter to help homeless pets
- Encourage friends, family, co-workers, and acquaintances to have their pets spayed or neutered
- Give the gift of compassion with a monetary donation to my local animal shelter
From CityDog, have a safe and happy New Year!