Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thank God It's Over...

I love the Fourth of July and all of the festivities surrounding it...backyard barbeques with friends and family, stunning fireworks display, manufactered patriotism that is oh-so American...Unfortunately, my dogs don't share the same sentiment. And from the many emails I've received today, many of your dogs didn't appreciate it either. For a lot of dogs (and cats, horses, birds...), the fourth is the most stressful day of the year. Starting around 9pm lastnight, when things started kicking into high gear, I (like many of you I'm sure) was holed up inside the house, windows shut tight, t.v. volume on high, treats on hand for the dogs (drink in hand for me). Anyway, I hope your pets faired well and on their behalf...thank god it's over.

No comments: