Tuesday, May 04, 2010

My Dog Ate What? New show premiers on Nat Geo Wild

Has your dog eaten some crazy stuff? Well, they are not alone! In fact, there is a three-part program coming up on Nat Geo Wild called My Dog Ate What? Starting tonight, Tuesday, May 4 at 10pm ET/PT, Nat Geo Wild reveals some of the most amazing and shocking things ingested by dogs, from underwear (thong preferred) to pacifiers (27 in total) and money (all $800 of it)!

Watch Lola, the underwear eater's, story here:


Future episodes include Luciano...

4575893880_eb86a4bf82.jpg

Luciano is 130 pounds of love. The Rottweiler is loyal and gentle. His strong Rottweiler appetite has gotten him into some trouble with his owners, Deedee, a realtor, and Chris, a documentary photojournalist, especially when he ate Deedee’s engagement ring, but no serious danger. At a cost of $300, Dr. Miyo Murtagh at Friendship Animal Hospital in Washington, DC took an x-ray to confirm Luciano had eaten the ring. But it was Deedee’s job to get the ring back for her wedding by searching through many of Luciano’s “deposits.” (Photo Credit: © Nancy Glass Productions)

4575249763_bccc3a237b.jpg
(Photo Credit: © Nancy Glass Productions)

And Milo's story...

Dogs' sense of smell is incredibly stronger than humans'. When Milo, a black Labrador retriever, gets a whiff of sweet ham while on a walk in Central Park, he runs off in search of the juicy treat. What looked like ham and rosemary was actually a piece of meat with pins in it. Milo is rushed to the vet and must undergo emergency surgery.  In the care of a great vet, Milo is able to make a full recovery. But a question still remains — why would pins be inserted into a piece of meat? It is later discovered that the meat was not ham, but a cow tongue with pins!  News crews and New York City detectives rush to Central Park to investigate and find that the act is a Santeria ritual, more specifically a voodoo curse! The case remains unsolved as to the reason for the ritual.

And Bogie...

Bogie was adopted from a rescue group last year. The two-year-old Saint Bernard started having seizures soon after. The vet diagnosed Bogie with epilepsy. The seizures were quickly under control. However, when Mike’s son, was giving Bogie his epilepsy medicine one day, Bogie ate the medicine and the spoon it was on.  Dr. Kathleen Johnson at Yorba Regional Animal Hospital in Anaheim, California performed surgery on Bogie at a cost of $2000.

4575249655_095b7093c1.jpg
(Photo Credit: © Nancy Glass Productions)

And Riley, Marley, Pablo, Branson and Bonnie...
Yellow Labrador Riley gulps down a skewered corncob. Marley, the entertaining Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, eats a few pairs of thong underwear. Pablo, the imposing Bull Mastiff, manages to swallow his entire five-foot leather leash. Branson the Bulldog takes down an amazing 27 pacifiers from his family's triplet boys. When love comes before money, Bonnie the Rottweiler undergoes surgery that cost thousands. And Joe the chocolate Lab eats a very high-priced meal of actual dollar bills. I bet you're wondering how Joe got his money back...well, you'll just have to watch and see! Woof!


4575250429_646a2b72d6.jpg
(Photo Credit: © Nancy Glass Productions)

1 comment:

Benny and Lily said...

We only eat dirt once in awhile. But moms taping it anyway. Thanks for letting us know
Benny & Lily