Thursday, April 10, 2008

CityDog Reader Survey Results

A few months back, we conducted an online reader survey and the results were so interesting, we thought we'd share a few of them here:

  • 56% of you live with one dog

  • 27% of you live with two dogs

  • 8% of you live with three dogs

  • 5% of you live with four dogs

  • 4% of you live with 5+ dogs (wow!)

  • 46% of you live with other pets in addition to dogs. "Cat" was the obvious "other" pet, but many of you also responded with fish, turtles, geckos, rabbits and even goats! Goes to show...dog lovers are animal lovers!

  • And a whopping 70% of you responded "yes" to the question, "Does your dog(s) sleep on the bed with you?"

When asked, "What do you like best about CityDog Magazine?" here's what a few of you had to say:

  • "Everything! The professional look, the photographs, the product recommendations, the neighborhood highlights (love those!), and all of the little snippets of information I don't see anywhere else."

  • "That it's local! It talks about where I live and places I could go with my dog(s)."

  • "Local information and cool new products. Really speaks to a 'dog lifestyle' that we like since we want to include and patronize places where we can include our dog."

  • "Variety. My dog is not a small breed, so I like that you have things geared toward larger breeds. Also, my dog is a pit bull so I like to see a magazine that not only does not discriminate, but also celebrates ALL breeds, including pits."

  • "It's about MY AREA! It offers things to do and places to go with my best furriend!"

  • "I love the local content. I am always interested in vacation spots around Seattle/Portland where I can bring my dog - especially those where there are great dog activities to do nearby."

  • "The local articles and all the great tips and product listings. Everything. And that I can look back at an old issue and still get great info."

  • "Everything. CityDog is my #1 choice of magazine."

Okay, so maybe that last one we included to brag a little, but CityDog is for you, the reader, and comments like that mean we are delivering on our promise to bring you a magazine that "celebrates life and living with dogs in the West."

If you would like to take the survey, simply click
here. By taking the survey, you will automatically be entered into our exclusive drawing to win all sorts of cool road trip gear from our friends at Ruff Wear!

Woof!
Brandie Ahlgren, founder & editor
CityDog Magazine

    No comments: