Thursday, April 17, 2008

CityDog Loves...AmazonFresh.com!

So, I hate grocery shopping...always have. But, when I received an email out of the blue from Seattle-based AmazonFresh.com announcing they now delivered to my neighborhood, I had to try it out. So, I went online, ordered my groceries and the next morning they were delivered to my front door! Love it! So much so, that I was trying to figure out a way to share it with CityDog Blog readers, but "Hey everybody, there's an awesome grocery delivery service" didn't quite work for a dog blog. However, today I received yet another email announcing that they now carry pet products! Voila! They carry organic pet foods like Castor + Pollux plus toys, treats and supplements for both cats and dogs, and even products for birds, bunnies and other critters.

Check it out at AmazonFresh.com.

Woof!
Brandie Ahlgren, editor
CityDog Magazine

3 comments:

DeeCee said...

I won't be supporting this or any amazon.com service until they stop selling magazines that promote dog and cock fighting. Animal fighting is now a federal crime, illegal in all 50 states, yet amazon insists it has a free speech right to sell this material. I insist that amazon stop selling material that promotes illegal and inhumane activities. As a dog friendly publication, I encourage you to boycott amazon until they change their policy.

CityDog Magazine said...

Deecee,

Thank you for your comment. We totally agree and you've inspired us to look into this further. We'll keep you posted!

Brandie Ahlgren, CityDog Magazine

Adventureskr said...

I agree that dog and cock fighting is completely dispicable. It's a personal vendetta of mine, however Amazon.com sells every book under the sun and that's what makes them a shining example of capitalism and liberal thinking. I looked for this after reading the post and only found 1 magazine on cock fighting - nothing on dog. Sounds to me like we should go after the magazine, not Amazon. I also didn't see this (or any magazines?) on AmazonFresh.com.

I love your blog and I guess I'll be the countervoice and encourage you NOT to boycott Amazon and undermine free speech (and support censorship). And in the meantime I think I'll craft a little email to this Gamecock Magazine and let them know my thoughts!!!!